“I like to make a bad situation better by giving a business/individual who has been struggling with debt a far better outcome than could have been the case. Taking the pressure off them and using my professional skills to salvage something from what could have been a total disaster is my ultimate goal.”
Melissa began her career specialising in corporate advisory, auditing and restructuring in 1998. She moved into the insolvency sector in 2004, working with a specialist insolvency, forensic and reconstruction company in Sydney, before relocating to Hong Kong in 2016 for family reasons. Melissa’s background includes the turnaround of large-scale public and private companies in Australia, Malaysia and Hong Kong. She is a highly experienced Registered Liquidator. Among Melissa’s core strengths are corporate insolvency and restructuring, fraud and forensic investigations (including asset and fund tracing), due diligence and business valuation.
Melissa has worked across a range of industries including:
- Building & constructions
- Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- Fellow CPA Australia (FCPA)
- AML Professional (AMMLP) Certification
- The Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB)
- Registered Liquidator
In addition to formal appointments, Melissa has been involved in numerous investigating accountants’ roles and expert witness reports. She specialises in:
- Corporate insolvency, business restructure and turnaround management
- fraud & forensic investigations, including asset & fund tracing
- business valuation
- due diligence
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- International Association of Restructuring, Insolvency & Bankruptcy Professionals (INSOL)
- Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants (HKICPA)
Melissa has experience working with companies, corporations and organisations of all sizes, from SMEs to public listed companies.
Outside of office, Melissa enjoys music, cooking, yoga and travelling.