Cliff takes a team-oriented and empathetic approach to all matters he is involved with, assisting clients in the most challenging of financial situations.
Cliff’s constructive leadership style combined with his strong technical and communication skills have seen him forge strong relationships with and be engaged by other trusted advisers including lawyers, accountants and financiers on a myriad of matters. Cliff approaches each engagement as though he has “skin” in the game, with the strong desire to achieve the maximum return for all stakeholders.
Cliff has vast experience handling matters across a myriad of industry sectors. His previous role with a Big Four bank working in the risk area has also given Cliff invaluable insight into credit risk operations and the expectations and requirements of clients. His industry experience include:
- property, building/ construction
- engineering, manufacturing
- mining and resources
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Finance) – Edith Cowan University
- Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ) Course
- Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA) Advanced Insolvency Course
- Registered Liquidator
Cliff has over 30 years’ experience dealing with all types of corporate insolvencies including restructuring and turnaround. He specialises in:
- corporate insolvency appointments (voluntary administrations, liquidations, receiverships)
- corporate turnaround and recapitalisations.
Specifically, Cliff’s skill set includes:
Controlling, leading and administering the strategic and financial aspects of insolvency:
- Formal – Receiverships, Voluntary Administrations, Liquidations
- Informal – Restructuring and Turnaround, Business and Investigating Accountants Reviews
- Stakeholder management
- Corporations Act – External Administrations, Directors’ Duties
- Performing financial analysis to determine profitability, reasons for decline, cash utilisation and insolvency.
- Developing turnaround/restructure strategies
- Business planning, administration monitoring and reporting
- Building and managing high performance teams
- Marketing and Networking
- Presenting to clients and industry bodies
- Fellow of CAANZ – Chartered Accountants of Australia and New Zealand
- Fellow of ARITA – Australian Restructuring, Insolvency and Turnaround Association
Cliff has significant experience working with companies, corporations and organisations of all sizes, from single-director businesses, SMEs with less than five employees, multi-company groups, listed company recapitalisations, to large, mid and small companies.
He has been appointed external administrator of the following significant companies:
- Noahs Rosehill Waters Pty Ltd – large property developer in Midland area
- Aurigen Group of Companies – 5 Companies in the waste and recycle sector
- Altura Ltd – a reconstruction of a Lithium (spodumene) producer
- Coolgardie Minerals Ltd – Listed company gold miner in Coolgardie region
- Poly Pipe Recyclers Pty Ltd – a SME in pipe recycling sector
- Holbrook Family Investments Pty Ltd – SME in building and construction
- DTE Group of Companies – engineer and manufacturer of fuel storage containers
- Newman Hotel – hotel and accommodation in Newman
Cliff is involved with Ride for Youth, an annual charity ride from Albany-Perth that raises funds for Youth Focus, a charity involved with assisting youths aged 12-18 suffering mental health issues. The ride has been going for 20 years with Cliff participating in 17 rides.
Cliff has previously been a National Director of ARITA and a committee member of ARITA WA.
Cliff is married with 3 daughters. He enjoys AFL (Collingwood) and F1 racing. He also likes to keep fit by regularly attending the gym, hot yoga classes, cycling and walking the family’s two dogs. Cliff enjoys reading and leads an active social life.