Emma’s technical prowess combined with her empathy for all stakeholders makes her a formidable insolvency specialist.
Emma joined Jirsch Sutherland in 2014 and brings to the firm a combination of international and local experience in excess of thirteen (13) years. Her commercial and technical expertise has resulted in a number of large recoveries on behalf of creditors that would not have otherwise been achieved. She is the first one into the office each day and to say she is the “glue” that holds the Newcastle office together is an understatement.
Emma manages a wide range of engagements for the partners and does so efficiently and commercially with the interest of all stakeholders at heart.
She has gained significant experience working across a variety of industries including:
- tourism and hospitality
- Registered Liquidator
- Advanced Insolvency Law & Practice I and II
- Joint Insolvency Examination Board (UK)
- Master of Mathematics (1st Class Honours)
Emma has 13 years’ experience as a business recovery, reconstruction and insolvency specialist in both the UK and Australia with focus in the following areas:
- Voluntary Administrations
- Bankruptcy and personal insolvency
- Business advisory
Her specialist skills include:
- effective communication with all stakeholders including directors, employees and creditors
- managing all aspects of trade-on administrations
- negotiating sales of businesses and assets to optimise the return to all parties
- achieving the best outcome for creditors through asset realisations and/or voidable transaction recovery
- Attention to detail and efficiency leading to timely and thorough completion of matters
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
Emma has worked on a number of high profile administrations during her insolvency career including the following:
- Guided Knowledge Pty Ltd (Motion Analytics)
- Hydratech Engineering Pty Ltd (manufacturing)
- Hanama Collection Group trading as Paper Scissors, Chica Booti & Valleygirl NZ (retail)
- Russell-Smith Pty Limited (Electrical contracting)
- Hawkins Civil Constructions Pty Limited (Civil Engineering)
- Inland NSW Regional Tourism Organisation (Tourism)
- MCA Engineering Group Pty Limited (Engineering)
Away from work, Emma enjoys reading, travelling and is also avid sports fan.