Liam has significant insolvency and reconstruction experience across a wide range of industries.
Liam joined Jirsch Sutherland in 2011, having previously worked at a large, Sydney-based, specialist insolvency firm, and then in the business recovery and insolvency division of a large mid-tier accounting firm.
He has worked across a wide range of industries including:
- Bachelor of Business
- Masters of Financial Analysis
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Registered Liquidator
Liam has more than 10 years’ experience in the insolvency and reconstruction sectors. He has undertaken numerous formal corporate insolvency appointments and informal advisory and workout engagements including:
- Independent business reviews
- Security and lending reviews
- Financial investigations
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association
- The voluntary administration of a retailer operating a chain of 25 retail kiosks that specialised in mobile phone cases and accessories.
- The voluntary administration and subsequent liquidation of a specialist national petrochemical engineering firm.
- Investigative accountant reports or secured lenders on numerous hotel and pub groups and registered clubs, with secured exposure up to $150 million.
- Receivership for secured lender on a Brisbane-based mining services equipment with secured exposure of approximately $100 million.
- The voluntary administration and subsequent liquidation of a Brisbane-based project homebuilder.
Away from work, Liam enjoys cricket, motorsport and travelling.
Expect a response within 24 hours.