Independent insolvency and recovery firm Jirsch Sutherland has announced the first members of the Asia-Pacific arm of the Global Restructuring and Insolvency Professionals (GRIP) network of independent insolvency firms.
Jirsch Sutherland became a GRIP member in late 2020 and has since been researching and vetting independent firms across the Asia-Pacific. “We’re thrilled to welcome our first APAC members to the GRIP network,” says Bradd Morelli, Jirsch Sutherland’s National Managing Partner. “It’s more important than ever to have international connections, particularly because business travel has been throttled by the pandemic. More international businesses with regional divisions or assets are seeking assistance, and there’s even greater demand for firms with the expertise and experience to handle cross-border matters.
“These firms tick all the boxes. They’re highly experienced in insolvency and restructuring, have strong professional reputations, shared values and standards – and a desire to connect with other insolvency firms internationally. And they are already reaching out to their Canadian, European and American counterparts, which is excellent.
“GRIP members support each other with their local knowledge and contacts, understanding of local regulatory and legal requirements, as well as varied and specialist expertise. The benefits for clients and referrers are immense. For Jirsch Sutherland’s own clients and referral network it means we are well equipped to act for them on any issue of international scope. Very exciting times ahead.”
The five inaugural GRIP Asia-Pacific members are:
- McDonald Vague Limited, New Zealand’s leading specialist business recovery and insolvency practice. For over 20 years, McDonald Vague has been providing advice and expertise to companies and individuals facing financial difficulties. The firm has a clear aim: to preserve value and recover monies for creditors as quickly and effectively as possible.
- KLC CPA, a leading Chinese accounting practice based in Hong Kong since 1985. KLC is recognised as a specialist firm in Hong Kong and China, with particular skillsets in insolvency, restructuring and forensic recovery services.
- TSMP Law, Singapore’s pre-eminent, independent law firm, whose multidisciplinary restructuring and insolvency team is led by one of the most highly regarded Senior Counsels, Mr Thio Shen Yi S.C. The team has experience in insolvency, corporate, construction and litigation to deal with all sides of the insolvency process.
- Ahlawat & Associates, a leading full-service law firm in India, which caters to domestic and international clients. The firm’s restructuring and insolvency team is highly experienced, and the firm’s Founding Partner, Mrs Avnish Ahlawat, has more than 40 years’ experience in stressed assets advisory and has observed the entire lifespan of insolvency and its related aspects.
- DFDL, a leading regional law firm with a presence in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Lao PDR, Indonesia, Myanmar and Vietnam, as well as in the Philippines through its associated firm Ocampo and Suralvo Law Offices. The firm has extensive experience advising clients across a wide range of local and cross-border restructuring, refinancing and insolvency matters.
About GRIP – grip-network.com
GRIP is a cross-border marketing and referral network for independent insolvency firms. Launched in 2014 in Europe, the network currently has members across the globe including Canada, Europe, Central and South America and Asia-Pacific.
About Jirsch Sutherland – jirschsutherland.com.au
Established in 1984, Jirsch Sutherland is one of Australia’s leading national independent insolvency specialists. The Jirsch Sutherland team works closely with small and mid-size accounting, finance and legal firms – and their clients – to provide a wide range of expert corporate and personal insolvency services including liquidations, voluntary administrations, receiverships and bankruptcy.
With head offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Newcastle and Perth, supported by a network of regional offices, Jirsch Sutherland’s national reach combined with a local presence underpins the company’s ongoing success. For over three decades, Jirsch Sutherland has earned a well-deserved reputation for protecting and guiding clients through the insolvency process in a fair and ethical way.
In Western Australia, Jirsch Sutherland trades as WA Insolvency Solutions.
For further information:
0419 401 362